Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Monday night was the Nick Jonas & The Administration concert. That certainly was...interesting. When I entered a contest to win tickets, I entered just for the heck of it and then the rest is history.

Anywho, I love the Ryman! Definitely the best venue in Nashville (that is, if you don't have floor seats back underneath the balcony)!!! Though I didn't even bother to bring my camera since every event I've ever been to there didn't allow cameras. There was all kinds of drama at the Cheap Trick concert over people having to put away cameras. The Nick Jonas tickets even had the whole "No Cameras!" policy printed on both sides. And I'll be darned, everyone had their cameras out going to town taking pics and recording videos. My theory is that there were far too many people with their cameras out that it would've been impossible for the ushers and security to go up to most of the people and give them the usual warning.

I was up in the balcony and kids started freaking out and taking pics of some people in the section next to where I was. These kids were so star struck over some girl who I found out later was the violin player for the Jonas Brothers. Jordan Pruitt (I've heard of her many times but still have no idea what she's famous for) was there. Some girls near me pointed her out but no one cared to approach her (I'm still confused why the violin player was getting so much attention. I seriously thought it was Miley Cyrus at first with the way everyone was acting). Then Michael W. Smith was also about 20 feet from me. He definitely had some major crowdage forming around him.

Some girl named Diane Birch opened for Nick and his band. Girl's got some major talent! Her style reminds me of Carole King and Carly Simon.

Though I will say that Nick Jonas is pretty good. He kind of shocked me. I knew that he's really the one in the JoBros whose heart is really in the music but I was expecting his stuff to be...weak. I liked quite a bit of his new material.

However, I'm pretty sure he was guitar-syncing during at least two of his songs! *tisk tisk* If you're going to lip-sync, guitar-sync, whatever-sync...at least make it seem realistic! Honey-child, it's hard to take your playing seriously if your hands are strumming or playing chords that aren't coming out of the sound system (and I know little home fry didn't have a delay effect in play)!

No comments:

Post a Comment